Spring is in the air and it’s time to start planting! There’s nothing more rewarding than planting your own seeds and watching them grow into something beautiful. The best part? No green thumb required! All you need to get started are some seeds and used White Lion tea bags.
Let’s Get Started
First, we want to point out that our tea bags are soil safe! They are made of non-GMO sugar cane and sugar beet glucose and will completely biodegrade (and even contribute some additional nutrients to your soil in the process!) so you don’t have to worry about contamination of any kind!
The tea contained inside of the tea bags will be the medium in which you’ll start your seeds. Tea leaves are rich in vitamins, nutrients and minerals like nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium to help your seeds sprout into healthy little seedlings. All you have to do is plant 1-2 seeds in the medium, make sure the tea bag stays moist, and has plenty of access to sunlight (don’t worry, we have more detailed instructions below!)
What You’ll Need
- Used White Lion Tea bags (any kind will work!)
- Seeds of your choosing (you’ll need 2-3 seeds per tea bag)
- Metal or plastic Tray
- Small, sharp knife
- Make sure your tea bag is moist and cut a small slit in the top of the tea bag, being extra careful not to spill any tea
- Plant 2 or 3 seeds directly into the tea (using more than one increases the chances of germination)
- Place the tea bag(s) on your tray and place the tray in a spot that will receive a lot of sunlight, make sure the temperature does not drop below 65 degrees Fahrenheit for best results!
- Water your tea bags whenever you notice them to be a little dry, they should be moist at all times
- Once your seedlings have sprouted, plant your tea bag with the sprouts intact directly into your garden or a pot!