Protect your bodies from the inside out this summer with our delicious take on mint tea. Our recipe includes antioxidant-rich green tea and lemon to help protect your bodies from free radical damage. Protecting against free radical damage during the summer is extremely important since we are more prone to sun damage during this time. This recipe serves 8 and is the perfect drink for summertime cookouts and to keep on hand in your fridge.
Iced Mint Tea
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 half-ounce filter bags Traditional Green iced tea
- 25 fresh mint sprigs (about 1 1/2 ounces
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/3 cup honey
- Bring water to a boil, remove from heat and add in tea bags
- Combine water and tea in a medium bowl; cover and steep 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add mint; steep 5 minutes.
- Add sweetener and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cool completely. Serve over ice with lemon slices.