This buttery, sweet, and simply delicious cookie is the perfect treat to pair with an afternoon cup of your favorite tea!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, not sifted
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
- Use an electric mixer to combine ingredients in one bowl until dough forms.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface, to about a 1/4 inch thickness (or slightly thicker).
- Cut dough into shapes, using a cookie cutter or a knife. Place cookies onto your baking sheets, and pierce each one with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool and enjoy with a cup a of your favorite tea. Makes around 20 shortbread cookies!